What is SimilarWeb ?
Website traffic data is Always One Click Away With the Similarweb Browser Extension
Gain insight into any website’s statistics & strategy with the click of a button, all in one tab, as you’re browsing with the Similar Web browser add-on.
- Analyze your competitors’ web traffic and engagement
- Keyword and traffic sources
- Web traffic and engagement metrics
- Seasonal trends on traffic and engagement
- Uncover winning marketing strategies
- Visibility into competitor acquisition channels
- Keyword research tools
- Ad research tools
- Grow your market share with industry research data
- Industry level benchmarks
- Integrate Similarweb data into your reporting
- Identify new potential partners
How Similarweb Collects Data
- Similar Web has a reputation for being one of the most comprehensive digital intelligence platforms on the market, and that’s largely due to its advanced data collection methods. To build an accurate picture of the digital world, Similarweb uses a multi-dimensional approach that includes various data collection techniques.
- One of the methods Similar Web uses to collect data is direct measurement. In this, millions of websites and apps share their first-party analytics with Similar Web to gain valuable insights into their performance. Another technique is the Contributory Network, which collects anonymous device behavior data from consumer products.
- Similar Web also leverages partnerships with a global network of organizations to collect “digital signals” on the Internet. Finally, Similar Web uses an advanced algorithmic engine that collects and indexes public data from billions of websites and apps.
- Once the data is collected, Similar Web performs a sophisticated algorithmic process to cleanse, match, synthesize, process, and blend the inputs for data modeling. The normalized data is then run through advanced machine learning calibration and prediction models to provide an accurate and consistent picture of the digital world over time.
- Similarweb’s machine learning algorithms are fed with millions of ‘first-party analytics from websites and apps sourced from partners, as well as anonymized traffic data collected from Similar Web products installed on millions of devices worldwide.
- Similarweb’s innovative data collection techniques and cutting-edge machine learning algorithms enable companies to gain valuable insights into their competition and their industry. With a 360-degree view of each company’s digital landscape, businesses can make better decisions and grow smartly in the ever-changing digital world.
Pros and Cons
- Ability to export reports — You can export the intelligence report to a PDF report format.
- Large scale data — Provides a comprehensive collection of data including geographic distribution, social media data, search data, audience metrics, traffic sources, and visits.
- Provides organic keywords — With the help of the keyword research tool, you can search for organic keywords.
- Excellent UI — SimilarWeb has an easy-to-use interface with the dashboard containing extensive SimilarWeb features.
- Traffic only set to full months — It is not possible to set a range of specific dates.
- Limited to desktop traffic only — Traffic approximations are not available for mobile and tablets.
The best features
SimilarWeb features are fast making it high across all marketing platforms. Some notable Similar Web features include Google Analytics keywords, Subdomains, traffic sources, keyword research tools, website data, and engagement metrics. Additionally, integrations, collaborations, and customizations exist as shown below.
- Integrations. Similar Web data can be integrated directly into different products, internal databases, and visualization tools within seconds. Some of the products that Similar Web integrates with include Adverity, Desktop.com, and Google.
- Website Ranking. This is an important feature that allows you to see the ranking of your website or that of your competitors by category, nationally, or globally.
- Customization. As mentioned by other Similar Web review articles, you have a wide range of customization Similar Web features for your workflow. So, you can access the most relevant intelligence insights of your market and customize your industry, keyword lists, and dashboard.