What is Udemy Business ?
Udemy Business is Udemy’s subscription service option for teams and businesses.
- Access to 22,000+ courses*
- Custom logo & URL
- Create learning paths
- Create and host proprietary courses
- Create user groups
- Custom topics
- Advanced insights and analytics
- International collection
- Mobile app access
- Eligible for Udemy Business Pro add-on*
How does Udemy business work?
Udemy courses cover a massive range of topics including:
- Finance & Accounting
- IT & Software
- Office Productivity
- Personal Development
- Health & Fitness
There is also a massive range of courses to choose from, so you can cater specifically to your team’s needs or preferences. The range of courses gives instructors a chance to really focus on their subject. For mini reviews check out our Best Udemy Courses article.
Teachers on Udemy are highly qualified and experienced. You’ll be able to see their credentials for yourself on the course page.
The Team option also includes the chance for a custom URL and mobile app access.
Going for the Enterprise option, designed for larger businesses, will give you access to over 14,000 courses in return. There are also many perks with this choice.
Who is Udemy business for?
Udemy for Business is for anyone managing a team of five or more who’s looking to motivate them with high-quality education.
However, there are a couple of specific groups who I feel would benefit massively from Udemy for Business, including:
- Team leaders looking to motivate their team with education resources
- Smaller groups who want to come together over shared resources
- Businesses looking to expand to a particular area that requires new skills
- Enterprises who want to widen their market share by diversifying their portfolio
- Teams who want to attract self-starters with the opportunity for quality education
Who are the instructors?
As new courses are being added, so are new instructors. What this means is that each instructor is specific to whatever course they are teaching.
This also means that instructors know exactly what they are talking about when it comes to the content they are teaching.
Rather than one teacher with the brief of explaining a range of concepts, like in school, each instructor has the freedom to teach ideas they are passionate about and understand deeply.
To put it bluntly, you are learning from the best.
Instructors will often leave their qualifications on the course page. For example, here are the credentials of the two teachers leading Music Production In Ableton Live.
Other top instructors include:
- Data science gurus Jose Portilla and Colt Steele
- Entrepreneurs and CEOs Chris Haroun and Mauricio Rubio
- Ethical hacker Zaid Sabih
- Analytics expert Chris Dutton
- Applied psychologist and life coach Kain Ramsey
Udemy Business Pros and cons:
- A real chance to motivate your team
- Easy way to upskill employees and generate better performances
- Business orientated content
- The opportunity for certificates
- Choice of assigning courses or letting your group choose
- Tangibly develops skills and abilities
- Top instructors and constantly updating courses
- A disparity between Team and Enterprise plans
- Expensive compared to competitors